Garden Update

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Just thought I'd start off by showing you one of my Mother's Day gifts.  I have two of these sitting on either side of the front door.  I can't remember what they are called but I love them.  This side of the house gets the late afternoon sun {hot} but these beauties are thriving!
 In this bed we planted just a small amount of corn, carrots, green beans and tomatoes.  This is our first year to really try our hand at gardening other than the occasional tomato plant.  We are learning as we go and so far are happy that we decided to take the plunge.

This bed is on the north side of our house. I'm not sure why but some of the plants in the middle of the bed aren't looking as good as the ones towards the outside.  We have a shade tarp that we are going to put over this soon to see if that helps.  Hopefully, that'll do the trick and we won't lose any plants.
Our squash is growing like crazy!  We've already harvested quite a bit and have more ready again. 
We planted two types of lettuce; iceberg and romaine.  We have had lots of fresh lettuce already.  Plenty for us at home and the firefighters at my husband's station.
Our Weeping Willows, Photina's, peppers and strawberries are all doing really well in the bed along the fence.  
I keep losing strawberries.  I'm not sure if a rabbit or what is getting in them.  Guess I'm going to have to set aside some time to find a solution so whatever it is won't be able to take them anymore!  XOXO



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, they make my day and I read each one! So, thank you very much for taking the time to leave one!

 
site design by designer blogs