Friday, September 30, 2011

Restored


 I found this at our local auction.  I stayed till the bitter end waiting for this piece to come up and luckily for me the place had almost cleared out.  I really wish I had taken a picture before I wiped it down and started stripping the top.  



It was bad!  The drawers were literally stuck because of all the goo.  Didn't really matter to me because I already knew I was gonna do away with them all together.



It literally took me three days to strip down the top down to this and I still couldn't get all the 101 layers of nasty black paint off!  (update:  found a new product called Citristrip for stripping -- its awesome!)



All ready looking better.  I painted the whole thing an off white. Built shelves where the drawers went.


Found a graphic from the Graphic's Fairy blog and transferred it to the top, filled it in with black paint then heavily distressed the entire piece and finally finished it off with a good sealer.  Here is what I ended up with...









Wish I would've gotten better after pictures but I totally forgot.  Was a little pressed for time getting ready for our Pioneer Days festival.  The day was very successful and although I'm sad to see it go, this piece and others found new homes.


{A BIG thank you to the Graphics Fairy for all the wonderful graphics on her site} 



Enter your email
to have THREE MANGO SEEDS posts sent to your inbox.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


 
Read more: http://www.trickiezone.com/2013/03/pinterest-pin-it-button-on-image-hover.html#ixzz2RrfdAtMl