Last Weekend's Project

Monday, December 26, 2011

It's uncommon for the hubby & I to begin a large project one weekend and to finish it the exact same weekend, but that is just what happened the weekend before last.

We made our own TV stand.  Well actually, we did buy one off craigslist and re-purpose it for the upstairs.  However, after getting it home we realized it wouldn't fit up the stairs.  We have a landing then a curve to head up the stairs, no way no how was the previous piece going upstairs.  Trust me...we tried!
 This is the one we thought we wanted up there.

We just decided to build one ourselves, that would definitely fit.
Here's what we did...
 
We started with plain MDF sheets and ripped them down to size on a table saw, then cut all of our individual pieces and pre-drilled holes.


Put our pieces together according to our measurements for the TV components.


Added bead board to the back and drilled holes for all the wires.


Primed & painted...multiple coats.  MDF is inexpensive but it sure soaks up the paint.  


Distressed and glazed.


A few more close-ups for ya.

And then it was upstairs with it and set this baby up.

We went from this...


 to this...

 Just what I wanted and all for about $60 bucks!

Now, I'm excited to actually start fluffing this room.  I'm going to try and tackle slip covering that plaid sofa.  Pray for me please!

Pin It



 
site design by designer blogs