Small Changes...

Friday, December 9, 2011

We made a few small changes to our living room that I thought I would share with you all.  I took these after dark so the lighting isn't all that great, but I've never claimed to be a photographer although I am trying to get better.  Well I want to get better.  When I get a new camera.  Because the one I have now is a black Friday special from two years ago and it stinks.  Okay, back to the small changes.


Isn't it funny how things magically appear when you are editing photo's?  See that tennis ball under the couch?!  Oh well, our home is very rarely picture perfect, we live here!

I found those large picture frames on sale at Target for $10 a piece.  I actually took the pictures while we were at Walt Disney World, picked out my fav's and enlarged them at WalMart for less than $5 each.  I'm happy with how they look over the couch.

I painted the sign under them, "As for me and my house we will serve the Lord" on a pine board that cost less than $10 and we already had the star.  I'm pretty happy with how it looks now.


Oh look -- another tennis ball!  The kids still throw balls around in the house what can I say.  I made the pillow in the chair too.  

The tv stand is a dresser I found on craigslist for cheap.  We removed one of the drawers and made a shelf for the DVD.  The other components and all the kids games & movies are hidden.  L.O.V.E it!

You can see a glimpse of one of our Christmas tree's above the tv.  I love sitting in the living room at night with just one lamp on, reading a book and looking up there at the tree.  The kids decorated it with all the ornaments that they collected or made over the years.

As usual I forgot to take a before picture until after.  Anyway, now you can see what it looks like now! 


2 comments:

  1. Love it! And I love the tennis balls. For me, it is those little nerf gun things. (Don't know what they are called. Along with paper air planes. They are everywhere!
    Great craigslist find on the dresser! Looks like a great room to relax...and play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! i love the huge star! you're home is so pretty!

    i'll have my guest post ready for you next wednesday. i started wrapping and ran out of stuff so i need to buy a few things and finish. i can only do it on tues or fri when both kids are in school.....long story, still long? lol

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, they make my day and I read each one! So, thank you very much for taking the time to leave one!

 
site design by designer blogs