FINDING YOUR PHOTOS CUSTOM URL

Friday, September 7, 2012

In my last post I shared what steps I had taken on my own blog that would hopefully deter blog thieves from stealing my content.

However, one of the steps involved adding a piece of html code that will not allow visitors to right click on my photos. 

Yay!  I'm glad it works, however I personally would get my image url for Pinterest by right clicking on my own image.  So now, I've also blocked myself from getting the image url and creating a Pin It button. Boo!

Don't worry, there's an easy fix!  Use Photobucket.  A few more steps, but for me its worth it in order to leave that little piece of code that keeps people from copying my pics.

To get your image url:
1.  Create a Photobucket account.  It's free.
2.  Upload your photo.
3.  View your album after your image has uploaded.
4.  Copy the Direct Link.


The only problem I haven't quite worked out in my head yet is what to do when someone wants to feature one of my posts.  They need an image...  


I like the thought of not being able to right click on my photos but I'm not sure the probability of losing out on being featured is worth it.  I'm still deciding...feel free to share your thoughts.  This might be one "step" that I undo.  What do you think?




UPDATE:  If your page doesn't have an added code to disable right clicking then just right click on your photo and you will be able to copy/paste your image URL.

If you aren't already then I'd love to have you follow along...

or via LINKY...

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh, I was just thinking - how am I going to feature your awesomeness on Trash 2 Treasure Tuesdays ever again?? But, totally a good idea - blog thieves are just - grrrrrrrrr. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, they make my day and I read each one! So, thank you very much for taking the time to leave one!

 
site design by designer blogs