RECIPE & 2 PARTIES!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Happy HUMP-day you guys!  I want to start this post off by saying that I have met so many new blog friends over this past week since all I've been doing is lying around playing on my android while my back heals!  The doctor said it would get worse before it got better and she wasn't kidding!  I'm so ready to be "back to normal" but my kids say I was never really "normal" to begin with! LOL

Anywho, one of the gals I've met is Cheri over at, It's so Very Cheri.

And Cheri invited me to a group where I'm getting to know a ton more gals who have way more knowledge about this whole bloggy world so hopefully they don't realize it and kick me out!  Kidding!  They really are a bunch of nice women who are also very helpful so I'm learning lots too. THANKS Cheri and the other girls who have made me feel so welcome.

Cheri is also taking the next 31 days to write about...


Lord knows I need to follow along all 31 days.  After reading her post I decided I really needed to start eating healthy.  But you know when you want to eat healthy, but nothing sounds good and you just want to give up, go grab take-out & promise to start tomorrow?  Well I almost did that...instead I decided to start eating more veggies.

My grandma made the best squash and I haven't had anything like she used to make until today.  It was sooooo simple, sometimes I think we make things more complicated by adding more but in this case less was the answer.

I used..
1/2 white onion
3 small squash
2 pats butter
salt & pepper
cast iron skillet

I let it simmer in the pan until some of the edges were turning crispy, and it still had somewhat of a crunch to it.  Guess what?  My squash turned out P.E.R.F.E.C.T!  Why have I tried cooking squash a bazillion times before...breading it, frying it and never liking it.  I hardly did anything this time and the flavor was YUM!


For those of you who already make perfect squash please disregard this post, but I know that there are some of you who will be happy to know just how S.I.M.P.L.E it is to whip up yummy veggies.

Oh yeah, & in case you plan to follow along with Cheri on her 31 days to a thinner you & me....I drank my water today too! :)

Now, right quick before I go I wanted to share with you all another FALL PARTY that you simply cannot miss...


It starts TODAY!  Click here to go check it out!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for that sweet post. YEAH!!! I drank 80 oz. of water yesterday. I should have bought an extra package of toilet paper. Whoo hoo to a healthier you.

    I hope your back heals quickly--chronic pain is terrible.

    ...and no you won't be kicked out. It isn't about what you know.

    xo,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm going to have to make TWO squash dishes for Thanksgiving! This looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, they make my day and I read each one! So, thank you very much for taking the time to leave one!

 
site design by designer blogs