LIVESTOCK & LAUREL WREATHS

Friday, December 21, 2012

I live in Oklahoma.

I grew up in the country, but now live in town.

I wish I lived in the country again, but that's a story for another day.

I would love to live on about 100+ acres with our home right smack in the middle of it with lots of cows & horses.

When designing I tend to gravitate towards country chic and western styles. This little coffee table I am about to show you was no different.  

The difference was adding another love of mine, laurel wreaths.  Who would have thought that laurel wreaths & cows could look so chic?

Susie Harris, another blogger that I love created a sign that nailed what I wanted to do with this table.  Here's is Susie's.
Isn't it perfect?!  

Here is our coffee table transformation.  Step one - sand it and get all the dings out of the top.

Step two -- cover in a greyish taupe base color and apply the graphic with a pencil.  Just a side note, I really need to find a decent white pencil to transfer graphics with.  The pencil lead shows through and it really bugs me!


Here it is all painted in.



With this table I really wanted to graphic on top to blend in and just barely be visible.  Commence distressing.

Here it is after I distressed/glazed and sealed it.



Here is a few more pictures of it all finished up.  I love these chunky legs.




So what do you think?  Country chic?




Enter your email
to have THREE MANGO SEEDS posts sent to your inbox.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


3 comments:

  1. This is just fabulous - what did you seal it with? Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so please tell how you transfered the image to the table? I am a newbie at this but I love your table. I have a coffee table waiting for a refinish and I want to put our farm name on it - Stillmeadow Farm. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Clydia! I'm a country girl at heart, too, but living in the city. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.
    Fran

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, they make my day and I read each one! So, thank you very much for taking the time to leave one!

 
site design by designer blogs