PUMPKIN SPICE PANCAKES RECIPE

Tuesday, September 23, 2014


I've never been a fan of pumpkin anything, but my kids sure are so this time of year I find myself making lots of pumpkin pies!  I decided to broaden my horizons and find a pancake recipe that incorporated canned pumpkin.


Around our house anything that saves us money is always a good idea so I normally have a big container full of DIY Bisquick (AKA all purpose mix) ready to go.  I wanted to use my pre-made mix as my base for the pumpkin spice pancakes, so it was just a matter of adding the pumpkin & spices.  You can find the recipe for the DIY Biquick here.

Just in case the ingredients/directions are too hard to read from the image above, here they are again.

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups DIY Bisquick mix
  • 1 TBSP. brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. ginger
  • 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1 small pinch of clove
  • 1 1/4 c milk
  • 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 egg
Tip:  Don't toss your leftover canned pumpkin.  I was able to freeze 5 individual bags that each contained a 1/3 cup of canned pumpkin for the next time I want to make these.

Directions:

  1. Preheat griddle to 350 degrees.
  2. Combine all ingredients until just mixed; don't over stir.
  3. Cook both sides until golden brown.
  4. Serve with butter and warm maple syrup.  Garnish with whipped cream or pecans.



Our kids devoured these!  Thanks for stopping by and hope you try these out -- they are delish!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, they make my day and I read each one! So, thank you very much for taking the time to leave one!

 
site design by designer blogs