Welcome Bench

Wednesday, March 25, 2015


We were at our local auction some time back and an old antique bed frame came up for bidding.  Eddie snatched it right up.  Here's the transformation.


He used the footboard to create the sides, a rail for the front and pine for the bench seat.

I created a custom mix of paint using Toasted Marshmallow & Espresso Plaster Paint and applied one half hazard base coat.

I also created a custom stain mix using Jacobean & Provincial wood stain for the bench seat.


After the basecoat was dry I painted it with Sweet Cream.  See that faux brick?  Check back next week and I'll show you what we did with that.


Next, I distressed & added the WELCOME typography on the back of the bench and began filling it in.


Finished it off with liquid sealer in matte.



And here it is in it's new home...


We've done so many signs lately that it was a nice break and FUN to do some furniture again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, they make my day and I read each one! So, thank you very much for taking the time to leave one!

 
site design by designer blogs