DIY Industrial shelves

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Our teenage son has an opinion when it comes to his room.  He isn't at the age where I can do what I want to his room anymore, although I did persuade him to go the industrial route and so far so good.

The room itself has been a work in progress for quite some time because we work on projects when we can pay cash for them AND working around shop orders is a little tricky lately.

We started with the floor several months back when we ripped out all the carpet and laid wood floor style plank tiles.  You can see that project here.

Now, back to the shelving that was built for his TV and gaming stuff. We started from the bottom and worked our way up.  We measured everything he wanted on the shelf, where he wanted it on the shelves and made adjustments as we worked.


Oh, I almost forgot.  We added a faux brick wall behind the shelves and painted it white.  We love the dimension that it added once the project was complete.


So happy with how it turned out.


I need a wide angle lens to take better images of the "after" but I haven't gotten one yet so bear with me on these final images.


We have a cord protector that we will paint white to hide all of the component cords.


Eventually, we will hang the fire helmets on either side of his television, we just haven't found the right hooks yet.


Love them.  So glad we did this project.  All of his stuff looks organized and "clean" against the white wall.


This entire project, including the faux brick wall, took us two full days / evenings to complete. Not bad at all.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, they make my day and I read each one! So, thank you very much for taking the time to leave one!

 
site design by designer blogs