Red Dresser with hand painted typography

Tuesday, September 1, 2015


I love three drawer dressers.  And I love red.


I painted this with Plaster Paint in Red Ruby.


I chose Ivory Lace for the font and then a dark glaze over the entire dresser before sealing it with liquid wax.


The client picked out the hardware from Hobby Lobby.


The original hardware was pulls so there were two holes for each pull.  We filled the holes (twice) and sanded them down so that the holes weren't visible any longer.


I think it turned out super pretty.  It's going to be picked up next week and will be a statement piece for someone's big, southern porch.

We are trying to finish up orders so we can close the shop and get ready for vacation.  We only take BIG vacations every so often and this is a big one for us.  I think Eddie and I are as excited as the kids. Ha!

I will share more about that soon. I just wanted to remind you guys about our end of the month flash sale on FB, Three Mango Seeds.  Sale starts at 6pm CST and is usually over at 7pm CST.   Plus, the Etsy shop, mangoseedmarketplace, will close September 4th and will reopen a few weeks after that. We are trying to get holiday signs ready and listed as well as prepare for a couple of fall shows.  Life is busy.


Interested in hearing more about Plaster Paint?  We are retailers.  Get in touch with us via Facebook.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, they make my day and I read each one! So, thank you very much for taking the time to leave one!

 
site design by designer blogs