B's Crayola Art

Saturday, December 31, 2011


I love our kids being home on Christmas break and all the extra stuff we can do.  We found this idea on Pinterest.  Click here to see more and how to do it.  It's EZ.

We already had a canvas here at home so all we had to purchase were two boxes of Crayola crayons.  This project cost us a whooping $2 bucks!


First she hot glued all her crayons on the canvas in the order she wanted the colors to melt.  Next, we just taped a plastic table cloth onto the wall and floor because this is a messy little project.  Wax will fly!


I was surprised at how fast the crayons started melting.  She liked the idea of moving the hairdryer side to side instead of straight down.  She won't do anything like somebody else, she always wants her things different.  So, since all the pictures/instructions on Pinterest said to hold the dryer pointed downwards, she tilted it to the side.  LOL  

The wax dries almost immediately after you remove the hair dryer.  She painted the sides black and loves her art project and so do I.  Just an idea of something to do with the kiddo's while they are home.    :)


PS - HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE Y'all!

Pin It





2 comments:

  1. Wow! I guess I should have thought of this many (many) years ago when all of my crayons melted from sitting in the back window of my parents car (in the seventies!) while driving through Texas. That makes beautiful and whimsical art. happy New Year.
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute! I think it's great that she wants to be her woman!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, they make my day and I read each one! So, thank you very much for taking the time to leave one!

 
site design by designer blogs