Turquoise

Friday, January 20, 2012

Each project is different and we can't knock everyone of them outta the park so to speak and that's how I feel about this sofa table.
I like it - I just don't love it.  When I got this table it was definitely lost in the 80's.
I started out by taking all the wrought iron off and giving it a little sanding, then covered it in turquoise.

 Then I added "Welcome" to the center and distressed it.

At this point I had started adding the stain/glaze mixture.

Here are some close-ups.  I decided not to heavily distress my typography this time.

Here she is in all her glory.  Sorry about the dark photo, it was late when I finally got done.

6 comments:

  1. I think it looks wonderful. Love the color and how you distressed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! I'm obsessed with turquoise.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fantastic...there is never too much turquoise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! And I know it will go fast. I wish I could put something turquoise in my house...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. I really like the legs with the "pumpkin-like" tops. The color is lots of fun too. The table is a great size for a family room and I suspect someone will snap it up.
    Lynn
    www.cottageandcreek.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. um pardon me?? I'd say you knocked it outta the ball park!!!! I know, I know... sometimes they just don't hit ya when you're done, but shoot I think it's a homerun! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, they make my day and I read each one! So, thank you very much for taking the time to leave one!

 
site design by designer blogs