DIY White Washed Faux Wood Lamp Base

Wednesday, April 30, 2014


This was a very dated black metal lamp, but lamps are expensive and I liked the shape so I figured it was worth saving.

This makeover was trial and error all the way.  I started by covering the black with simple white then adding toasted marshmallow.


I wasn't too careful when applying the toasted marshmallow and pretty much just dry brushed it on.  After that I dry brushed Ivory Lace over the Toasted Marshmallow.


At this point I was liking it but I didn't have that feeling that it was done yet so I glazed the whole thing with Ralph Lauren glaze and wound up with this.



Now I believe my next project will be adding this detail to the shade.


Love how it turned out and it looks so much better in the dining room with our newly finished table.


You can read all about that project here.  Thanks for stopping by and checking out our latest DIY.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, they make my day and I read each one! So, thank you very much for taking the time to leave one!

 
site design by designer blogs