Monday, December 19, 2011

Welcome to Fox Hollow Cottage
Wait! You're in the right place...
Hi there "Three Mango Seeds" Readers.
Today, as part of the
Clydia is allowing me to guest post.
My name is Shannon
and I blog over at
I am going to share some of my holiday decor with you and a add link to an easy project.  
(Promise! I'm a lazy crafter.)
I don't have a traditional Red & Green holiday theme... but I sure hope you like it.
I really enjoy using a lot of thrifted and vintage items in my home. It adds a lot of interest and I like the timeworn look.
I paired an old, shabby window frame
silver tinsel garland
and some thrifted greeting cards & ornaments 
for a vintage themed vignette.
Anything under a glass cloche looks just a little more special... and this white, glittery putz house is no exception.
I'll pile ornaments in just about anything I can and I love lots of Shimmer & Shine!
 
 I made one of the easiest things ever this year!
A pretty, paper chain.
(or garland)
I happened to get lucky and find some vintage sheet music at an estate sale and it could not have worked out better for this project.

Just click HERE for a simple tutorial.
I am able to use a lot of my
everyday decor around the holidays
by just adding a few
seasonal elements into the mix.
I have not met a person yet
who doesn't love the glow of mercury glass.
I just adore it
and have been adding (very slowly) to my collection.
Almost my entire mantle was thrifted. 
I really had fun finding inexpensive items to fill it out by shopping at Goodwill & Salvation Army.
I hope you stop by and see me
at Fox Hollow Cottage sometime.
If you would like to visit, you can find my blog here. 
I also love to chat & share ideas here on facebook.
I had a great time sharing with you all today.
Thank you again Clydia for
letting me play here at Three Mango Seeds!!
I Wish You All
A Merry & Bright Holiday Season


6 comments:

  1. Shannon, your home is gorgeous, and the colors are beautiful. Love the blues and greens. Isn't Clydia's place fun to be a guest at! She's such a wonderful hostess! hugs and love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The house under the cloche is so cute. Your colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some lovely decorations. My favourite is the bauble sitting on the candle holder. I am so glad I found your special place here. Thanks for sharing. I will follow on my way out so as I would love to visit again. I hope you will find the time to come visit my place and do the same. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and I look forward to engaging and supporting your blog in the New Year. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shannon,
    Looks tabu - love the mason jars filled with Christmassy goodness! I love a good thrift find and you really hit the jackpot for your mantel.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clydia, this was a wonderful guest post!! I love EVERYTHING that Shannon does!! Thanks so much for sharing her with us! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just become a follower of your blog.
    amazing lots of things and inspirations.
    have a wonderful year.
    lovely greets

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, they make my day and I read each one! So, thank you very much for taking the time to leave one!

 
site design by designer blogs