Friday, June 1, 2012

China Hutch Makeover


It looks so pretty in the picture -- makes you wonder why on earth I am going to paint it huh.  Looks can be deceiving.  I'm not sure what is on it, but it's gross and sticky!  I cleaned this darn thing for hours before it was ready for paint.  I changed water three times because it looked like muddy water!  Plus, I wanted it a cream color to match what's already in our dining room.


Luckily it all come off with soap, water & lots of elbow grease.


I'm really, really not a fan of prepping a piece to paint.


One light coat down -- several to go!




Trust me, this barely visible color progession is way more than three coats! 

I painted the handles cream because I wanted to them to disappear.  The hardware that was on the doors is going to be replaced.  One was broken and I really want to put small round crystal knobs in their place.


I left the inside raw, polished wood.  I like the contrast of the wood and cream.


I am really liking how it turned out.  I love how the drawer fronts are curved and the insides have felt lining with silverware dividers. I know I should have taken pictures but I didn't think about it until just now.  LOL

My dining room feels so organized & neat.  Totally worth the entire day of work this thing took.  If you like it then I'd love for you to share it on Pinterest! 



Enter your email
to have THREE MANGO SEEDS posts sent to your inbox.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


 
Read more: http://www.trickiezone.com/2013/03/pinterest-pin-it-button-on-image-hover.html#ixzz2RrfdAtMl