This is a super easy project. Everyone's doing 'em...and now I finally am! This project is easy and cheap, think it cost me a buck fifty since I found my modge podge on clearance and I already had everything else.
Here's what I used:
Copy of any graphic you like
Paint on a little MP on your board. I even used a good Purdy brush and it all washed right out.
Trim away excess paper around your graphic so it will fit on your board. I got mine via the Graphics Fairy.
Then I painted on another layer of MP over the top of my graphic.
Sorry! No pic of this step. Don't worry -- nothing fancy just paint it on! :)
Now, give that time to dry. Mine took a couple of hours. After it was dry I sanded the edges and a little over the top to give it that aged look we all love so much. To finish it off I just mixed up a little walnut stain/glaze and rubbed that over all of it. Once that dried I covered it in sealer.
And here it is all finished up...