WORN OUT DRESSER TURNED ENTERTAINMENT CENTER

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I'm loving the trend of old dressers turned entertainment centers. 




This is what it looked like before its makeover as it sat tucked away in our garage.



I've had it stashed in the back because I knew I wanted this one for me.  I loved the curves and it was built really well.  But...

I've noticed that when I put something away for myself that it always seem to find its way to someone else's home! Oh well, this was for a fellow firefighter, who just happened to be in our wedding,  and he has a sweet family so its all good. Here's a few shots of this dresser during its makeover.

Step 1:  Remove top drawers & build the shelf for components.



Step 2:  Sand, paint & seal component area.  (Don't forget to drill your hole for wires.)


Step 3:  Distress, glaze & seal.  (For added durability, always seal your project.)



Step 6:  Adding personalized typography. (My favorite part!)




This makeover was done 100% with PLASTER PAINT!  Have you heard of it yet?  It's not chalk paint or milk paint -- it's plaster paint and for the price I don't think I'll be using anything else from here on out.

Want to learn more about this paint or grab some for yourself?  Visit here!



Enter your email
to have THREE MANGO SEEDS posts sent to your inbox.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, they make my day and I read each one! So, thank you very much for taking the time to leave one!

 
site design by designer blogs