LITTER BOX ROOM IDEA'S

Friday, January 11, 2013

Not too long ago I shared with you all how we acquired this small black kitty cat.  
You can read more about that here.  We have all just fallen in love with this little guy.  Marley, our dachshund, on the other hand has been in a bad since mood since kitty moved in!


Our my biggest problem is the whole litter box issue.  Because of what happened with our "outdoor" kitty, the kids freak out at the thought of this one going outside.  Long story short, the litter box is in my bathroom and it stinks to high heaven!  I swear this kitten "goes" more than 3 cats combined.

I've been brainstorming for a way to hide the box and suppress the awful smell.  I'm not going to share just yet what I'm thinking might solve our litter box issues, but am going to leave you with a few I found online.

via Pinterest -- no link.  If you know where this came from please let me know and I'll share.

Apartment Therapy


Apartment Therapy
Okay, okay!  This is the idea we had in mind, plus here you can see the other side of the wall.  Pretty nifty don't you think?
We're hoping to start our little project soon and I'll share details with you all once we are done.  Do you have a cat?  How do you handle litter box woes?


Enter your email
to have THREE MANGO SEEDS posts sent to your inbox.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner



4 comments:

  1. I made a cat door into the laundry room, where I put the litter box. Cat Door I wouldn't want the litter box in my kitchen under the sink... yuk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either Julie! I believe the picture above is not a kitchen, but a laundry/mudroom.

      Delete
  2. In a long hallway of doors we have a little house shaped cubby hole that the cat goes in. Behind the big doors are the water heaters, and one very messy cat littered area. But at least no one ever sees it.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ours in in the laundry room but Bella only uses it on cold or rainy days. She hates it as much as we do so she goes outside mostly. Lucky for us she is too much of a scaredy cat (pun intended) to get too far from the house and her curfew is at least an hour before dark. But I understand the fear of letting them out. It's just not a safe world out there. He looks like such a sweety. I hope Marly wll come around, soon.
    Fran

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, they make my day and I read each one! So, thank you very much for taking the time to leave one!

 
site design by designer blogs