Hand Painted Gifts!

Monday, December 6, 2010

I used to paint ALL the time.  I really enjoy painting ALOT.  Painting walls, trim, signs -- anything really it's like therapy for me.  Painting relaxes me and when I'm done I really feel a sense of accomplishment.  I don't know about you but the normal day to day stuff never leaves me feeling like I did much because all the same "jobs" start over again the next day.   It's been such a long time since I've painted something other than a wall that I wasn't sure how long these would take or if they'd be "good enough" to give as a gift.
 
I think they turned out GREAT!  Trying to get 9 done before our church staff Christmas party in two days was kinda hectic, but I did it!  I spent so much time trying to figure out what to get everyone that would be meaningful was stressing me out and I was running outta time.  I stole got the idea from Susie Harris's Blog.  Please go check out her blog, right now!  She's awesome! I'm glad I did these now, it feels so good to give something that I made instead of something that was bought.  I painted the raw pine a dark brown, used crisp linen on the letters, sanded over everything with a hand sander, sealed them with a clear sealer & tied them all up with red tulle.


Hopefully everyone liked the gift I made them.  I wasn't even at the party, our family took a last minute trip to Branson.  We went to Silver Dollar City's Old Time Christmas -- it was wonderful!  Can't wait to share some pics soon.  Happy gift giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, they make my day and I read each one! So, thank you very much for taking the time to leave one!

 
site design by designer blogs