Trying a new recipe...Cake Batter Cookies!

Monday, March 14, 2011

I know you've all heard of the Pioneer Woman Cooks or the Tasty Kitchen food blog.  Well I was introduced to these "cooking blogs" in early 2010.  I know ~ I'm always late to the party.  Anyway, I {like many of you} fell in love instantly and thought to myself I can do these step by step recipes.  Thus began my love for trying to cook and seeking out great food blogs.

I've never been a great cook.  Well let me clarify, I'm not really great with dinners but I can bake!  Either I get really lucky when I try new dessert recipes or its a sad twist of fate that all the bad for your hips recipes turn out great when I attempt them.

I found another great food blog with lots of good recipes at Mommy Hates Cooking.  I saw a recipe for cake batter cookies and knew right away I needed to try these out.


Here are the ingredients...


  1. Yellow cake mix
  2. Half of a cup of cooking oil
  3. Half of a cup of applesauce
  4. Two large eggs
  5. One cup of chocolate chips {I think I may have used way more than that!}
 So easy, tossed all the ingredients into a large bowl and mixed it all up.
Once its all mixed up she recommends letting it chill in the frig for a couple of hours.  I couldn't wait!  I let it chill about 10 minutes. Ha!  Baked them in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
The recipe made a little more than 3 dozen for me.  Our kids went crazy over them and they are so easy! 

However, if you head on over to http://www.mommyhatescooking.com/2011/01/cake-batter-chocolate-chip-cookies.html you can see hers for yourself!  Hers look perfect!  While your there check out her entire site, you won't be sorry!  She Rocks!

If you have any cookie recipes that you would like to share I would love to see them!  XOXO 
 

2 comments:

  1. L-O-V-E your blog! It's easy on the eyes! Some are SOOOO busy! And...you post recipes! Nothing's better than baking! I'm trying to lose some weight, so I'm focusing on healthy recipes...but yet NOT! :) I'm going to try these cookies! I will be posting many recipes. I'm new to blogging and struggle to come up with topics...but...I'm an American expat living in England...so I'm sure I'll sprinkle my blog with fun adventures too! :) Hope you can follow me too! www.mnukgirl.blogspot.com JoAnn

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, they make my day and I read each one! So, thank you very much for taking the time to leave one!

 
site design by designer blogs