Small Distressed Side Table

Thursday, July 7, 2011



This little table was my project for the weekend.  I'm happy with how it turned out.  It was wobbly and in pretty sad shape when I got it.  Now, I think it's just about perfect.


I took the hardware off, sanded it and then washed it off with Murphy's wood cleaner.  I covered the top to keep paint off of it since I wanted to re-stain it. After a coat of white paint, I lightly distressed it with fine sand paper and waxed it.


The top was in fairly good condition already.  All I needed to do was lightly sand out some scratches and wash it off.  I applied a dark walnut stain then a clear floor sealer.  The top looks new now!

Such a quick and easy project.  Love it!

Linking up ...

Katie's Nesting Spot




3 comments:

  1. Wow - what a great transformation! It is so adorable now!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way your little table turned out.
    Believe it or not my rug came from Sam's Club. We ran in to pick up a few things and while waiting in line, I saw someone with a rug on their cart. I can not remember how much I paid for it now, but I can assure you it was alot less than the one the designer ordered me. Now I won't panic if someone accidently spills something on it.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, they make my day and I read each one! So, thank you very much for taking the time to leave one!

 
site design by designer blogs