A Tip...

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Do you have a jacuzzi tub?
  
 I found a tip on cleaning your jets via Pinterest and wondered if it really worked to keep all the black junk from sticking to the inside of your lines and finding their way into the bath water.
  

It works, it's easy & it's inexpensive.  Here's how I did it.

You will need:
Bleach
Cascade {powder}

1.  Fill your tub {past the jets} with HOT water, 1 cup bleach and 1 tablespoon of Cascade.  Put this in as your tub is filling up.

2. After your jacuzzi is full, turn on the jets for 15 minutes.  After the 15 minutes, I turned off the jets so I could clean around the nozzles.  I used a Q-tip to get all the way around them.

3.  Turn it off and drain your water.  Rinse out the tub.

4.  Fill your jacuzzi tub up again {just past the jets} with COLD water.  After your tub is full, let it run again for 15 minutes.  This will give your lines a good rinse.

5.  Let it drain and rinse out your tub.  

This really works!  I did this a couple of weeks ago and ran the jacuzzi today.  NO BLACK SCUM floating in the water!  Yay!  I didn't know how easy it was to clean out the lines until I found this tip on Pinterest so I thought I'd share it with all of you!

 

2 comments:

  1. another reason i don't have a jetted tub! lol too much work. lol if i ever get one, i'm gonna remember this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GREAT! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, they make my day and I read each one! So, thank you very much for taking the time to leave one!

 
site design by designer blogs