CABINET DOOR + PAINT = WELCOME SIGN

Monday, August 20, 2012



I know, I know!  People use cabinet doors all the time to make signs, except me, until now! LOL

This door was a steal at just a buck!  I had to clean it off and sand it down a little bit, but that was no big deal.

To create my harlequin pattern I used an 8.5x11 piece of cardstock.    Folded it in half and cut from the fold down in the shape of a triangle.  When the paper was unfolded it created  my diamond shape.


Pretty basic stuff!  I wanted my harlequin pattern to be very subtle so I wasn't too precise on painting the pattern since I was going to distress it anyway.


Distressed the pattern, painted on my design, stained the edge and gave the entire door a couple coats of sealer and this is what I ended up with.


Sorry its a little blurry, I really need a new camera!  Using this cabinet door had a little bonus...  The door already had two holes in the back, perfect for hanging so I didn't need to add hardware! LOL

Perfect for hanging on the porch wouldn't you say?

If you aren't already then I'd love for you to follow along...
If you aren't already then I'd love to have you follow along...

or via LINKY...


3 comments:

  1. Clydia, this is so cute! You do such great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out very well. I haven't used kitchen cabinet doors either though I've been seeing them a lot more recently. I might be tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! I hope you'll visit me at One Creative Weekend on OneCreativeMommy.com. The party is open until Wednesday. Hope to see you there! Just followed you via linky.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, they make my day and I read each one! So, thank you very much for taking the time to leave one!

 
site design by designer blogs