FALL DECORATING IN THE DINING ROOM

Monday, October 29, 2012

Remember when I told you that I have been motivated to breathe a little bit of new life into our home's decor, especially around the holidays?  Well I moved from the vintage buffet vignette project in our entryway to our dining room.

When you walk in our front door, you see this antique buffet on the left.


And immediately to the right is our dining room.

We repainted this hutch that we found on Craigslist.



We left the inside the natural wood then added glass knobs.


You can read all about that transformation here.



We really want to completely makeover our dining room by painting, adding white beadboard and adding a new farmhouse style table with benches.  

I found this centerpiece at TJ Maxx -- love that store!




Pretty huh!  I already had those large Pottery Barn candle holders but decided to make 'em fallish! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Clydia, your fall accents are lovely! I'm ready to tweak my dining room for November, going into Thanksgiving. It just never stops...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did, I know what you mean about seeing where "holes" are when you look at your room via pictures. Every time I take one,and see it on my screen..I almost always go tweak stuff!

    Love your antique buffet and the yellow hutch is charming.

    Yes, I am finally getting a feel for fall in my house, come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Clydia :) It's been nice visiting, so nice that I followed you on Linky Followers. :) See you soon~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, Clydia! I love your style... and your photos too! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your dining room looks beautiful! Things photograph so differently than we actually see them...but you look like you are doing an amazing job on this dining room and it is perfectly decorated for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Clydia! I love how you mixed antique pieces and painted pieces together in this space! It looks so warm and inviting! Can I come over for a cup of coffee? ;) The fall touches look so Better Homes and Gardenish!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, they make my day and I read each one! So, thank you very much for taking the time to leave one!

 
site design by designer blogs